MyBirth at The Women's Hospital at Henrico Doctors':
MyBirth Low Intervention Birth Preparation
- Explore your options for low intervention birth at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital!
- Designed to supplement a standard "Labor Basics" class, or serve as a childbirth education refresher. This is not a complete/full childbirth education series.
- What is a “low intervention” birth? What are your birth options at The Women's Hospital and other Richmond birth facilities?
- MyBirth Low Intervention Birth Prep includes:
- The stages of labor
- How to navigate labor at home and in the hospital
- Comfort measures for labor
- Pain relief options
- An introduction to local childbirth and parenting resources
- Personal L&D tour with hands-on demonstrations of how to use your birth room during labor.
- Also included:
- Free gift for use in labor
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Spacious and comfortable classroom
- Easy, free parking
- Opportunity to meet the midwives of Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- $100 per couple
- 2017 Dates: Saturday August 12th 9am-3pm, Saturday September 9th 9am-3pm, Saturday October 14th 9am-3pm, Saturday November 11th 9am-3pm, Saturday December 9th 9am-3pm
CLICK HERE for enrollment on the Henrico Doctors' Hospital website. Enter "MyBirth" in the search bar for a full list of our classes.
The Women’s Hospital and MyBirth present ‘Birth After Cesarean’
Have you had a cesarean birth? Would you like to learn more about your options for your next birth? Are you interested in learning about Vaginal Birth after Cesarean (VBAC) and Family Centered Cesareans? The Women’s Hospital supports your birth vision. Our team of physicians and midwives are experts in supporting women as they explore the safest options for birth after cesarean.
- Did you know that the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) says that, “VBAC is a safe and reasonable option” for most women with one previous c-section, and for some women with two previous low-transverse cesarean incisions, women carrying twins, and women with an unknown type of uterine scar. ACOG Practice Bulletin #115, "Vaginal Birth after Previous Cesarean Delivery"
- Birth After Cesarean is a one day, three hour class for families birthing at The Women’s Hospital @ Henrico Doctors' or any other hospital in the greater Richmond, VA area
- VBAC: Vaginal Birth After Cesarean - RCS: Repeat Cesarean Section
- Birth After Cesarean covers:
- The risks and benefits of VBAC and RCS
- Family Centered Cesarean
- Effective communication with your care team
- Individualized preparation for your upcoming birth
- Using the most current research, evidence, and recommendations of top U.S. medical organizations, Birth After Cesarean shares the FACTS about your safe birth options, and addresses the commons myths and misconceptions surrounding VBAC and RCS.
- Gain practical knowledge about maximizing your chance for a successful VBAC at The Women’s Hospital @ Henrico Doctors’, as well as other Richmond hospitals and birth centers.
- Taught by Emily Bruno, VBAC mom, Certified toLabor Doula.
- All educational materials provided.
- $60 per couple (The expectant parent is encouraged to attend with the support person of their choice, including their birth partner, family member, or doula)
- Early registration is strongly recommended. Classes are held monthly.
- Class occurs the first Wednesday of every month
CLICK HERE for enrollment on the Henrico Doctors' Hospital website