Mindful Preparation For Conception - A Holistic Approach
Would you like to learn about a more holistic, mindful approach to conception and pregnancy? Want to learn how specific foods may help to naturally boost fertility, and the key role nutrition plays in preconception? MyBirth and Virginia Fertility Associates have the answers.
Pregnancy is one of the greatest joys in life, and nutrition can play an important role in helping couples who are trying to conceive. In the informative session, learn about foods that play an important role in helping women (and men!) naturally boost their fertility for conception, how to optimize your fertility diet, and key tips for a nutrient-rich diet. We'll also sample a few recipes that have been carefully created for prenatal health and wellness and discuss the main nutrients in the recipes that support preconception.
We'll also touch on the potential benefits of:
- complimentary wellness techniques, such as acupuncture and integrative medicine
- mindfulness and restorative yoga
- finding the fitness plan that's right for you
VFA, MyBirth, and The Women's Hospital at Henrico Doctors' Hospital are proud to offer this unique class every month at VFA in Stony Point
- 9030 Stony Point Pkwy Ste 450 Richmond, VA 23235
The cost for this two-hour seminar is $30.00. Enrollment fee includes all educational materials. Class repeats the fourth Saturday of every month.
You are encouraged to attend with the partner of your choice.
CLICK HERE to register for Mindful Preparation for Conception
MyBirth Low Intervention Birth Preparation at Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- Explore your options for low intervention birth at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital and around Richmond!
- Designed to supplement any hospital's free "Labor Basics" class, or serve as a childbirth education refresher. This is not a complete/full childbirth education series.
- What is a “low intervention” birth? What are your birth options at Henrico Doctors'?
- MyBirth Low Intervention Birth Prep includes:
- The stages of labor
- How to navigate labor at home and in the hospital
- Comfort measures for labor
- Pain relief options
- An introduction to local childbirth and parenting resources
- Personal L&D tour with hands-on demonstrations of how to use your birth room during labor.
- Also included:
- Free gift for use in labor
- Catered breakfast and lunch provided
- Spacious and comfortable classroom
- Easy, free parking
- Opportunity to meet the midwives of Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- $100 per couple
- Class repeats the second Saturday of every month from 9am-3pm
CLICK HERE for enrollment on the Henrico Doctors' Hospital website.
The Women’s Hospital and MyBirth present ‘Birth After Cesarean’
Have you had a cesarean birth? Would you like to learn more about your options for your next birth? Are you interested in learning about Vaginal Birth after Cesarean (VBAC) and Family Centered Cesareans? The Women’s Hospital supports your birth vision. Our team of physicians and midwives are experts in supporting women as they explore the safest options for birth after cesarean.
- Did you know that the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) says that, “VBAC is a safe and reasonable option” for most women with one previous c-section, and for some women with two previous low-transverse cesarean incisions, women carrying twins, and women with an unknown type of uterine scar. ACOG Practice Bulletin #115, "Vaginal Birth after Previous Cesarean Delivery"
- Birth After Cesarean is a one day, three hour class for families birthing at The Women’s Hospital @ Henrico Doctors' or any other hospital in the greater Richmond, VA area
- VBAC: Vaginal Birth After Cesarean - RCS: Repeat Cesarean Section
- Birth After Cesarean covers:
- The risks and benefits of VBAC and RCS
- Family Centered Cesarean
- Effective communication with your care team
- Individualized preparation for your upcoming birth
- Using the most current research, evidence, and recommendations of top U.S. medical organizations, Birth After Cesarean shares the FACTS about your safe birth options, and addresses the commons myths and misconceptions surrounding VBAC and RCS.
- Gain practical knowledge about maximizing your chance for a successful VBAC at The Women’s Hospital @ Henrico Doctors’, as well as other Richmond hospitals and birth centers.
- Taught by Emily Bruno, VBAC mom, Certified toLabor Doula.
- All educational materials provided.
- $60 per couple (The expectant parent is encouraged to attend with the support person of their choice, including their birth partner, family member, or doula)
- Early registration is strongly recommended. Classes are held monthly.
- Class occurs the first Wednesday of every month
CLICK HERE for enrollment on the Henrico Doctors' Hospital website