Consuming your placenta after birth has abundant reported benefits for the newly postpartum person.
Some of its possible health benefits include:
• Lessening the risk of postpartum hemorrhage and lessening the lochia phase
• Providing the hormones, human placental lactogen and prolactin, to assist with your milk coming in sooner and maintaining a healthy supply throughout your nursing relationship
• Replenishing iron lost from birth to prevent post-birth anemia. Low iron levels can lead to depressive symptoms in a new mother
• Balancing out your hormone levels until the body is able to regulate on its own
• Providing natural pain relief from the labor and birthing process
• Helping your uterus return to pre-pregnancy size
• Lending you a consistent flow of oxytocin (the bonding and euphoric hormone)
• Replenishing your B-Vitamins and offering your body protein for energy
• Protecting from infection due to retained placenta or bacteria in the uterus
Elise will pick up your placenta from your place of birth and can use Raw (drying at a low temperature) ** or TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) to encapsulate. We also offer prints and cord keepsakes, and tinctures. Please email us with any additional questions about our methods and safety practices.
Placenta Encapsulation - $295
Placenta Print and Cord keepsake - $25
Flavored Capsules now standard!
** Please note that the Raw method of preparation can require an additional 24-48 hours of processing time.